Effective date: February 2017
Here are a few general principles to keep in mind as you read through this Policy:
- We may share Personal Information (means any information related or relatable to an individual in this Statement) about you among our corporate family of companies for improving your user experience, providing you with product related marketing information and getting in touch with you. We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to unaffiliated third parties, your Personal Information for their direct marketing purposes or otherwise. The term “unaffiliated third parties” does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or providing service to you. It is our practice to obligate all unaffiliated third parties to keep your Personal Information confidential and not to disclose it to anyone else.
- As our business evolves, this Statement may change; so please check back to this page periodically to make sure you understand how your Personal Information will be treated.
Opt In and Opt Out
If you register on our Site or to participate in certain offline promotional activities, you may opt out of all use of your Personal Information described in this Statement, except for our use to administer your commercial transactions with us. Later on, you may change your communications preferences by visiting the communications preferences settings on the Site. You can also opt-out of promotional emails by clicking on the opt-out or unsubscribe link within the e-mail you receive. At your choice, your opt-out or unsubscribe may apply to all Thermo Fisher Scientific businesses or only to the Thermo Fisher Scientific brand or business line that sent you the email. Please understand that it may take us a few days to process any opt-out or unsubscribe request and that even if you opt-out of receiving promotional correspondence from us, we may still contact you in connection with our supplier relationship, recent purchasing activities, sales and servicing transactions.
What information is collected on this Site?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, the Site content that most interests you and other personal preference information that allows us to deliver the most relevant business and product materials to you. Some of the Personal Information we collect includes, but is not limited to your name; e-mail addresses; site browsing; job roles and Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) and messaging information. Some examples of when we collect Personal Information from you include, but are not limited to, complete an online form, sign up for our newsletters; or submit a comment or question to us using a “contact us” or similar feature on the Site.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many websites, our servers automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your Site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, Web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Site, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next Web site you visit when you leave the Site, and any search terms you have entered on the Site or a referral site.
Use of Google Analytics
Freedom of Choice
You can furthermore prevent the collection of your data (including your IP-address) by Google as well as the processing of that data by Google by downloading and installing the following browser-plugin: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=eng.
For further information please see our Cookies Statement.
How is your information used?
We or our service providers may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
- enabling users to use our Site, its features and our services
- administering the Site and your account with us
- communicating with you about your account and responding to your requests, questions, and concerns
- market research
- personalizing our Site and services for you
- improving and developing new features and offerings on the Site
- consistent with any communications preferences you have set on this Site, sending you marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you. You may opt out of receiving such notices from us by following the instructions in the “Right to Opt In and Opt Out” section above.
- protecting our rights and property
- customizing our Site to your interests and history with us
- other purposes disclosed when Personal Information is submitted to us
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. We or our service providers (e.g. Google, CA, USA; KVA Digital, Aylesbury, UK) may also use your Personal Information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Site, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
Do we share Personal Information and Site Usage Information with others?
We may share the Personal Information we collect on the Site with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your Personal Information in order to provide services to us (or on our behalf and subject to confidentiality commitments) and sharing what you voluntarily post to public areas on the Site with other Site users, we may share your Personal Information:
- among our corporate family of companies for their marketing and other purposes;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law;
- when using authorized third party vendor’s cloud based software and/or hosting services;
- in addition, we may share non-personally identifiable Site Usage Information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information.
Your Access Rights
You may review, update or modify certain of the Personal Information that is stored in your user account on the Site (if you have one) by logging in to your account on the Site or by contacting us using the “Contact US” information below. We may ask you to verify your identity and to provide other details before we are able to provide you with any information, correct any inaccuracies, or delete any information.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of Personal Information collected via this Site, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message, or using Web forms like a “contact us” feature on our Site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If you create an account on our Site, you are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any activity that occurs using your account credentials, whether or not you authorized such activity Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
If we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our care may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we will endeavor to notify you as promptly as possible under the circumstances. If we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. You consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
"Linked-To" Web Sites
The Site may contain links, banners, widgets or advertisements that lead to other Web sites. We are not responsible for these other sites, and so their posted privacy policies (not this Statement) will govern the collection and use of your Personal Information on them. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Web site visited after leaving the Site to learn about how your information is treated by others.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may change this Statement from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Statement on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases (for example, if we significantly expand our use or sharing of your Personal Information), we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you. In some cases, we may request your consent to the changes.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
Thermo Fisher Diagnostics Ltd. 16 Shenley Pavilions, Chalkdell Drive | Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes, MK5 6LB, United Kingdom